Monday, November 12, 2012

Kitty Kaos and Kute Kinships

As some of you know, Leeloo and I are in the process of adopting a little kitten who is currently being fostered by our good friends, Panda and Zoe.

I always thought that Leeloo would be awesome with a cat, but the only cat she's ever been around at any length was our family cat, Trixie.  But my parents were very protective of Trixie and Leeloo was a 9mos. old shit stirrer, so their interactions were very controlled and watched carefully.  Still, the other times that Leeloo has seen a cat, she's been excited and curious, but never aggressive, so, again, I thought it might be a good match for Leeloo, who loves dominating my attention but wants a playmate desperately.

So, back to the kitten, when Leeloo had her first play date with Panda and the 2 kitties, she was so enthralled that she was pawing at their play pen, whining as if to say "HELLO?  Come on out and play!", and her tail was wagging like there was no tomorrow!  Needless to say, Leeloo was absolutely captivated.

Leeloo's play approach lacks finesse.  She often runs full speed up to another animal, which can be intimidating, but she always just ends up standing next to them, smelling their ears.  I'm not sure where this came about, but Leeloo has an ear fetish, and she's does discriminate against any species.  She smells dogs' ears, cats' ears, bunnies' ears, my ears (sometimes she licks my ears too), and I'm sure if fish had ears, she'd be smelling those too.  So, she spends most of the time smelling the ears of the kittens and then using her nose to move them around, but the coolest thing is that she listens to me (most of the time) when I say, "gentle".  I have no doubt that her and the kitty will become best friends.

I had been considering adopting a kitty for a long time, and when we met the 2 of them, the plan was set in place!  So, here is a video of Leeloo with the 2 kittens.  The one with the black nose is the little female named Narae.  The bigger, more confident one is the little male named Maru.


No comments:

Post a Comment