Sunday, August 19, 2012

Leeloo, Dunkan, and the Icky Itchies

Scritchy, scratchy, icky itchies!  This is what Dunkan has.  A rather large colony of combative bacteria made a home of Mr. D's skin several weeks (perhaps months) ago, and now that he's shaved to his birthday suit, well, his almost birthday suit (his ball-less balls still have a hairy covering, which I'm convinced must be par-for-the-course in a country where the men blow dry their pubic hair in front of others in the locker room...), the bacteria has revealed itself as our own, annoying Poltergeist.  Come to the light, bacteria!  Come to the light!

Well, come to the light it did, which is good for us, bad for it.  Mr. D is now taking medicine, getting slathered up in lotion like a fat, 50 year old man in a Thai massage parlor, eating food that's more expensive than caviar, and taking omega supplements (sorry fishies).  Unfortunately, the icky itchies can spread to other dogs, so I sent Leeloo away as if she were the beautiful, older sister of a child sick with small pox.

Leeloo will spend the next few weeks with her best friend, Bongae the Spitz, and his mom, Bernie.  They will have the daunting task of caring for my gongju, which will be nothing less than entertaining and frustrating, I'm sure.  We will meet up on the weekend and head to the dog cafe for some quality one-on-one...err...one-on-one-on-thirty time.

It never ceases to amaze me how empty everything feels when Leeloo is gone.  At least Dunkan is here for me to trip over, a constant reminder that I can't just take a nap or paint my nails or stare aimlessly at my Facebook news feed that hasn't changed since I last checked it 20 seconds before...

Simply put, I miss my Pumpkinator and her reign of terror love in my life.  I hope she recognizes me next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment